Summer is winding down, and school will be starting in just a few short weeks, here in Southern Maryland.
If you haven’t had a chance to take a trip with the family, yet this year, you’d better hurry, time is running out.
Here is a list of a few of our favorite travel destinations within driving distance of Southern Maryland:
- Ocean City, Maryland – Over 10 miles of sand, waves and salt, this destination is sure to please everyone in your family. With activities like golf, shopping, fine dining, and one of the nation’s best boardwalks, you will have the time of your life. Just a few short hours from Waldorf.
- Rehoboth Beach, Delaware – If you’re looking for more of a low-key weekend, take a trip to Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. You have numerous outlet stores to choose from, along with several fine-dining options, perfect for you and your special someone to escape from everyday life. Just a few short hours from Waldorf.
- Deep Creek Lake, Maryland – Known mostly for its wintertime ski resorts, Deep Creek Lake, Maryland has numerous outdoor activities to choose from including water skiing, tubing, kayaking, and jet skiing. This is the perfect destination for your family, and only a few short hours from Waldorf.
- St. Michael’s, Maryland – Named one of the most romantic towns on the East Coast, St. Michael’s, Maryland is the perfect getaway, whether you’re looking to take a trip with your special someone, or with the whole family, there is something to do for everyone. Whether it’s shopping, water sports, or just quality time you’re looking for, you’ll love this get-a-way, and how close it is to Waldorf!
- Williamsburg, Virginia – Whether you’re in it for the thrill rides or water rides at two of the best amusement parks around, or you’re looking to learn about the historic side of Williamsburg, Virginia, this destination is sure to top your list. Located just a couple of hours from Waldorf, Williamsburg, VA is a great destination for family-fun.