It’s January, which means snow, sleet, and ice in our area, are pretty much a given. We thought it might be useful to share some tips for driving in winter weather!
- Accelerate and decelerate slowly. Be sure that you gradually ease into the gas or break when the roads are slick, to avoid spin-outs.
- Drive slowly. Even if the roads aren’t terrible, black ice paired with speed can be a recipe for disaster. Be sure to slow down and take your time when the temperature is below freezing.
- Increase your spacing between yourself and the vehicle in front of you. Allow for plenty of stopping room, in the event that your car begins to slide.
- Test your brakes before you get out on the roadway. Come to a few harsh stops in your driveway, before you venture out, to test the road conditions and your brakes with the slippery roads.
- If you can avoid it, don’t come to a complete stop. If you can safely coast through an intersection without having to come to a stop, or to make a turn, you’re likely to keep traction longer than if you stop completely.
- Slow and steady wins the race. When faced with a hill, don’t hit the gas too fast and try to gain too much speed. Take your time, drive slowly and steadily until you reach the top of the hill.
- If you can avoid it, stay inside. Allow road crews to treat the roadways before you get behind the wheel.
Driving in winter weather can be frightening, especially if you don’t do it very often. Take these tips along for the ride, and stay safe, if you can’t stay off the roads.
Contact us today to set up an appointment with our Service Department, to ensure your car is ready for the quickly approaching winter weather!
If you’re in the market for a vehicle to suit your large family, or, you just need plenty of room for cargo, and a minivan is out of the question, the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica might just be your go-to!
Although the available seating might make you think you’re inside of a minivan, the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica is the new modern take on the 7-passenger van, AND, it has room for 8 passengers! With sleek body lines and a intriguing front-end, the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica is turning head’s all around Southern Maryland.
With 17″ aluminum wheels, a 3.6L V-6 engine, and cloth bucket front seats, you’ll be riding in style, and comfort in the all-new Pacifica.
So, if you haven’t tried this beauty on for size, what are you waiting for? Visit us online, or contact us today to schedule your test-drive!
The Chrysler 200 is one of Southern Maryland’s favorite mid-sized sedans. From it’s sleek exterior, to the professional and seemingly-luxury interior, it won’t take long for you to fall in love with this car.
Prince Frederick Chrysler Jeep Dodge is offering up to $10,000 off of your purchase of your brand-new 2016 Chrysler 200.
The Chrysler 200 offers best-in-class available 295-horsepower+ with a 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine, or, for fuel efficiency, get your 2016 Chrysler 200 with a 2.4L Tigershark Multiair II Four-Cylinder engine, and get 36 highway miles per gallon.
The Chrysler 200 is the only car in its class to offer a 9-speed automatic transmission, and is proven to be one of the safest vehicles on the road with features like lane departure warnings with lane keep assist, available adaptive cruise control with stop and go, available full-speed forward collision warning with active braking, available parallel park assist with full stop capability and available perpendicular park assist.
There are four trim styles available including the LX, Limited, 200S, and 200 C, all ranging in price, depending on what features you find most important.
Visit our website to learn more about the Chrysler 200, or set up an appointment for a test-drive. Don’t let this deal slip through the cracks!